The 2017 Urban Wildlife Conference will be held at San Diego State University SDSU is the largest and oldest higher education institution in San Diego County. Founded in 1897, SDSU is home to over 30,000 students and is nationally recognized for its outstanding commitment to diversity, inclusion, and teaching and research excellence.
Conference meetings will be conveniently located in the recently completed Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union, which has been certified as one of the most energy-efficient buildings in the world. Steps away from parking and the trolley station, the Student Union is the community center for the campus.
Campus Parking- Day/overnight parking is available on campus in lots 3 and 4. You may purchase a parking ticket from the pay station located in lot 3, or in advance online Both lots 3 and 4 accommodate guest parking and are close to the conference meeting location and campus housing.*
*Please note that parking passes purchased in lot 3 are not valid in the South Campus Plaza Parking Structure
If you are attending the full conference, a 1-week overnight pass ($21) is available for conference attendees staying in campus housing. A 1-week day pass ($16) is available for conference attendees commuting to the conference each day. For single day attendees a $6/day parking permit is available. However, if your parking time exceeds 24hours you can renew for an additional single-day parking pass but only after the prior permit has expired.
We will have a computer and printer at the registration table available for use if you need to print your parking pass (if purchased online).
San Diego State University is at 5150 East Campus Drive, San Diego, CA 92182
SDSU is located along interstate 8 to the northeast of downtown San Diego. San Diego International Airport is just to the west of downtown, and it is about 20 minutes west of SDSU.
Campus housing is located at 5120 College Ave (Between Hardy Ave and Montezuma Rd)
- SDSU dorm rooms are available at the South Campus Plaza for conference attendees
- Rates are for double occupancy $65.28 /person/night and for single occupancy $89.28 /person/night
- Rooms have their own bathrooms, as well as a microwave and mini-fridge. There are also retail stores and restaurants located in the plaza
- Single attendees can request to be paired with a roommate
- Reserve dorm rooms with your conference registration
- There are two hotels with group rates and blocks of rooms set aside for our conference:
Town and Country Resort and Convention Center500 Hotel Circle North San Diego, CA 92108
- Rates: Single/double $122.00, Triple/ $142.00, and Quad/ $162.00 (rates do not include taxes and fees). Parking available for $10/day.
- Room block will be held until May 4, 2017.
- For airport transport, can use the Cloud9 shuttle from baggage claim, leaves every 15 minutes, $11/person. To SDSU: hotel is two blocks from the Fashion Valley Transit Center trolley stop on the Green Line - same line as SDSU (8 stops). Complimentary WiFi.
- Call to make a reservation at the group rate, phone is 1-(800)-772-8527. Group name is "California Department of Fish and Wildlife."
Best Western PLUS Hacienda Hotel-Old Town San Diego4041 Harney Street, San Diego, CA, 92110
- Rate is $125.00 for single or double occupancy (rates do not include taxes and fees). Each additional person in a room is $10.00. Parking is available for $18.50/day.
- Room block will be held until May 3, 2017.
- Complimentary airport shuttle. To SDSU: Hotel is four blocks from the Old Town Transit Center trolley stop on the Green Line - same line as SDSU (10 stops). Complimentary WiFi.
- Can call the Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel directly at (619) 298-4707 to make reservations, or Book online using the conference code SCDF&W. Instructions:
- Go to the hotel website (not Best Western’s)
- Click on Book Now! Hotel Direct Reservations
- Enter dates, # of people
- Enter group code: SCDF&W
- The Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel-Old Town San Diego is a 3-Diamond property located in the heart of Old Town on a magnificent hillside setting with breathtaking views of the city, overlooking 150 plus specialty shops, galleries, museums, theater, and 30 International eating establishments. Also, less than a ten minute drive from downtown, beaches, the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, San Diego International Airport, and the San Diego Convention Center.
- The Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel-Old Town consists of 200 authentic Santa Fe Style guest rooms, which are appointed with such amenities as microwave, refrigerator, in-room safes and television equipped with Lodgenet Service featuring HBO. We provide the following complimentary items, two bottles of water daily, 30-minutes of local phone calls, and WI-FI access, plus high-speed internet service. Additional features to enjoy are a heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi, two (2) BBQ grills, Fitness Center, guest laundry facilities, valet dry cleaning service available, complimentary coffee and newspapers in the lobby daily, along with a complimentary 3-computer kiosk, WI-FI available in all public areas and meeting rooms, and complimentary airport/Amtrak shuttle service.